One to One at the Banneker:
Mission Statement Elements:
· Integrate technology into each subject daily, focus on Math and ELA
· More fully utilize existing resources
· Document and digitize exemplary work via digital portfolios
· Differentiate instruction and more quickly assess and respond to needs
· Get daily real time data
· Create a closer community and inspire discussion
· Focus on electronic composition, editing, and typing skills
1. Will my child get to take the laptop home at the end of each day?
2. Will my child get to take the laptop home at the end of the year?
3. What happens if something breaks on one of the laptops?
a. The Banneker will have a spare laptop until it can be fixed.
4. What happens if my student breaks an AUP rule?
a. Each incident will be handled on a case by case basis. It is possible for a student to lose computer privileges if the infraction warrants it.
5. Who do I ask if I have questions about the 1 to 1 program.
a. Ask your child's teacher first. If needed, they will refer you to Mr. P.
Home-School Partnership Agreement
· Individual Laptops - Will be integrated into every subject.
· Promethean Board - Interactive lessons, bringing internet and all it offers to the big screen
· Internal Programs - Riverdeep, Typing, Fast Math, iMovie, United Streaming, etc.
· Differentiated instruction will lead to improved scores for everyone.
· As the leaders of the school, negative behavior is simply not acceptable.
· Every child will graduate fully prepared for the next step.
· Consistent communication, regardless of behavior.
· Involvement and participation in events and meetings at school.
· Work as one unit towards common goal.